Sunday, June 8, 2008

Best Laid Floorplans



It's been asked of me for a while, so I'm updating. I tried sleeping, but I couldn't. Doesn't happen to me often but sometimes I don't feel like laying around until I feel like falling asleep. So, here I am, up and about.

I've been playing with the layout editor on Triangle's website. I think I've come up with two decent ideas. OOH, I think I just figured out how to attach the files. Here goes nothing...

I'm pretty sure that'll look like utter shite, but what do I care? I'm up way too late, anyway.

The big difference between the two is the living room. Which do you envision more? Answer me, dammit!

Jeremy's place is pretty wicked. I would bet a large sum of money that Triangle and Trinity Bluff are owned by the same people. I should investigate. Had a nice little workout from Jeremy's place to Mi Cocina. German engineering is fucking dumb as far as I can tell looking at the rolling disaster that is my wheelchair. Christ.

Ratatouille actually made me extremely happy after seeing it for the second time. It made me want to open a bistro in Paris, for sure. That reminds me, somewhat tangentially, that I need to make reservations for the honeymoon. Harlem's famous chicken and waffles won't reserve themselves, right? Right!?

Also, watch The Wicker Man at least four times before you die. It's so fucking worth it. Funniest movie I've ever seen -- I'm not even exaggerating. Not one bit.

Am I crazy or is Forgetting Sarah Marshall one of the better movies you've seen in a long, long time? It drills into your brain in the nicest way.

And! Eagle vs. Shark is about as bad as you thought it would be. That girl isn't as hideous as the trailer made her look (this is years ago, mind you, in case you have no fucking idea what I'm talking about), but it is about as unfunny and painfully "indie" as it looked in the trailer. It's like someone saw Me, You, and Everyone We Know and thought, "Gee, let's just make the characters totally unsympathetic and give them hilarious Kiwi accents." AND, nothing about trading poop back and forth (it's worth it for that scene alone, seriously -- Me, You, and Everyone We Know, that is).

That reminds me, in Flight of the Conchords they make reference to Bret saying his name like "Brit," but as far as I remember no joke has been make about how Jemaine's name is "Jemaine" and not "Jermaine."

Right? That seems like something to call attention to. Does that make me sound totally uncultured and daft? Is "Jemaine" a super common name in Kiwitown?

By the way, Jermaine Jackson's son is named Jermajesty. If you didn't know that, you're welcome.

Looking forward to the wedding and seeing everyone. Love to all.



"Just Another"
Pete Yorn

1 comment:

Priya said...

You are not crazy. Forgetting Sarah Marshall was BOMB. I've seen it 3 times in theatres, and I don't have any regrets. It seriously gets better every time. It wasn't until the 3rd viewing that I realized Morrissey was playing in the background when his step-brother comes to visit him at his apartment (after "Nothing Compares to You")!
Also: I watched this interview with Jason Segal and he said that the Dracula play was actually a real idea he had after Freaks and Geeks - and when he showed Judd Apatow his ideas, Judd was like, "NO. I forbid you to put on this play." Because he thought it was a dumb idea or something. So when the opportunity came up he put the Dracula musical IN HIS OWN MOVIE.
Dunno why, but that story tickles me every time.