Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Entrepreneurs

Peter just posted a brief entry about how he entertains the idea of setting up a website where he can showcase his creative talent. I've always wanted to do something entrepreneurial, but I've never been quite sure what that would be. I'm not really good at the web comic thing. Any blog entries I write aren't super interesting or well-written.

I've been told I could have a knack for radio, but I think that's a nice way of telling me I'm ugly.

In all seriousness, I've entertained the idea of setting up a radio program over the internet (or a podcast, as the young people are calling them nowadays) but I wouldn't know where to start. I know who I'd like to work with if they'd have the time/want to, but that's only a small start. I know the content I'd like to present on the show, which is a slightly better start. I just don't know how expensive/lucrative/possible it would all be.

These ideas are flowing a little more freely this evening since I received the first of what I assume will be two rejection letters from the UT Austin Graduate Program this afternoon. I'm not even that down about the rejection since it hasn't broken my spirit when it comes to writing. It's not like the rejection makes me enjoy the process any less. Hey, maybe I'll be able to sell my shit without having to go through 2-3 years of graduate school.

In the meantime, I'll probably (read: certainly) need to get a job in Austin. I'm still pretty solid on moving down there for my first few years or so of married life. It seems like a nice place to start. I'd love to get a nine-to-five, come home to Lauren, write a little in the evening, and maybe do a radio show on the weekends. That would be marvelous. Marvelous, I say.



"Little Sister"
Queens of the Stone Age

1 comment:

L said...

or maybe I would come home to you?!

I DRINK YOUR MLKSHKE! DRINK IT UP!